Wii Gadget Wonder: The Rifle!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wii releases yet another gadget for their console. It's... ta-dah!! The Wii Rifle! Now, I'm a big fan of shooting games. The first shooting game I ever played was on arcade. It was Time Crisis and I remember being inexplicably annoyed whenever the gun doesn't shoot and point accurately. I mean, what's the whole point of a shooting game if you miss your target because of your gun? In shooting games, your main gadget is your gun. It's your life. So it has to do its job properly.

Wii's Rifle looks cool and sleek

Wii's Rifle isn't another controller altogether. To use it you have to place the usual Wii controller in front of the gun and the Nunchuck as a handle. This makes up the whole gun. It actually looks pretty cool and sleek. This gadget promises to make the Wii gaming experience a lot more rewarding for shooting freaks like me. However this latest addition to the Wii gizmo series, makes me think, just how many Wii shooting games are there for us to enjoy?

If Wii is willing to innovate this much then isn't it just natural that the games come pouring in too? Sure, their appeal is not just to the young'uns. Heck, even Queen Elizabeth is caught to be enjoying Wii. But to have a wider audience they have to introduce more games to their system. The latest Wii gadget certainly piqued my interest. But for me to be hooked on it, they have to give me awesome games first.

I wonder when Devil May Cry will come out on Wii. I bet when that game comes out, it will be wicked awesome! Imagine doing all the Dante moves with your wii-mote and and possibly going around breaking an ankle or two while you're at it. That'll be cool.

The Wii Rifle Gadget stands at $16.58

0 comments: